Everyday you 'Like' tonnes of stuff your friends post. So much so, that the word 'Like' has now been reduced to a mere button. Back when I was in high school, 'I like you' was a potent little proposal; not as dangerous as an 'I love you' but far more effective than an 'I think I have a crush on you'. And today, well, the less spoken the better.
So on the last day of the decade, I will give you some invaluable advice. I will tell you what NOT to 'Like' on Facebook. Here's the list.
- Gangadhar Raman posted this 5 minutes ago | Gangadhar Raman likes this.
No. You may love your writing. But please, don't 'Like' your own posts. The moment you do, the world will know you're inspired by Kamal R Khan.
- Gangadhar Raman went from 'in a relationship' to 'single'.
You may feel a sense of euphoria after breaking our dear Gangadhar Raman up. But that doesn't mean you gloat in public. You're no Saif and our Gangadhar is no Shahid.
- Gangadhar Raman > Saif Ali Khan: 'You traitor. You left your polka-dots underwear in my handbag!'
Go ahead and snigger. But don't 'Like' this one. You'll land in trouble the next time you meet Saif.
- Girly A > Girly B: 'I miss you <3 Love you <3 Muuahh! xoxo'
Did she say she misses YOU? Then why're you 'Liking' it you dolt? Remember, this post can be liked only by 'Girly B'.
- Gangadhar Raman | 'borreedddd!'
Trust me, you're boredom exceeds Gangadhar Raman's if you 'Like' this one.
- Any page that goes like 'If U LuV mE dEn Y dnt U ShOw Ur LOve....hOw D hEll wILL I Noe DAMIt!!!!!' or 'lyf widout u is nt complete how to tell u dis?' or 'Justin Beiber'
Well you can go ahead and 'Like' these. Just don't come crying and tell me people suddenly started ignoring you.
- Gangadhar Raman | 'Lost my beloved great aunt today :(( RIP! i guess idlis are nt gud 4 health'
Now you may agree with Gangadhar's words of wisdom towards the end of his status message. But remember! His Great Aunt died. So, a 'Saif likes this.' below someone's death announcement is not cool.
I hope you're wiser now. If you already were, you're a networking veteran yourself. If not, I'm sure this helped. Thanks for reading.
P.S. No offence to any Gangadhar Raman, living or fictional, whatsoever.